Rocky Point, New York

After hearing about the nationwide Swagway X-1 recall I immediately called the local Modells that my daughter purchased her hoverboard from. Keep in mind this is an 11 year old that saved all of her gift money to purchase this trending item.

I was immediately told that they would not refund the item, and to call customer service, which I did. Customer service referred me to the manufacturer which informed me that they would only offer to repair the faulty lithium battery with a "Safer" option... safer???? NO thanks, or issue me a credit to buy another one of their toys.

Again, no thank you! Shame on both the manufacturer and shame on YOU Modells for not doing the right thing for your customers.

If you arent willing to return the product for the original $400.00 paid, how about issuing a store credit? I guess "good customer service" no longer has a meaning.Yet another reason why your stores are being run out of town by retail chains with integrity What a life lesson my child has learned!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Swagtron Swagway X1 Hoverboard.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Modells Sporting Goods Cons: Swagway warranty service and cannot return product to store.

Comments

SwagTron

Swagway has still not received a contact form you regarding your situation.

Please contact Swagway with any questions and to participate in the recall.

We offering a free upgrade to UL 2271 compliance at no cost to you.

This includes provided UPS prepaid labels, shipping materials, caution labels, shipping boxes, packing materials, and anything else needed for a safe and efficient return.

We look forward to hearing from you!

SwagTron
#1200782

Modell's Sporting Good's in not involved in the recall.

You should contact the manufacturer (Swagway) in order to participate in the recall as clearly stated by the Consumer Product Safety Commision (CPSC).

Hello, and thank you for your contact!

We at Swagway are required to follow the CPSC guidelines when participating in this recall. You can view these guidelines here: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Self-Balancing-Scooters-Hoverboards-Recalled-by-10-Firms/

These guidelines state that we are to repair, not refund, the Swagway hoverboards affected by the recall.

We are following the recommendation of the CPSC, as required by law. Please read more about the recall on our recall page as well: https://swagway.com/productrecall/

If you have any questions you can always email us at support@Swagway.com.

Modells Sporting Goods Reviews