Oakland, New Jersey

Modells' is choosing not to do anything about the current recall of the Swagway hoverboards they sold. They made a profit from each sale and now there answer to this problem is to say, "Call Swagway."

Swagway wants the customer to send in the hoverboard so they can change a battery. This is not the entire problem. The problem is with the design. This is unacceptable.

I will never shop at Modells and look forward to the day when I hear that they and Swagway go out of business.

Modells, take a page from Amazon and treat your customers like you care about them!

They refunded every customer all of their money to rectify this problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Swagway Hoverboard.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Modells Sporting Goods Cons: Reaction to the swagway recall.

Comments

Same thing happened to me, the Swagway stopped working within the first few days of purchase. It didn't even leave the house.

Model's said send it back to Swagway, no returns to the store. So my son went almost 2 months without his Christmas present while we were waiting for Swagway to fix it. Then with all the fires, it remained in the box. I'd rather not burn my house down or worse by allowing my son to use it.

Modell's should be ashamed of itself for not standing by the defective Swagways it sold. I will happily never buy at Modell's again, only Amazon!

Same. I don't want the thing anymore.

Worked for a week not doing anything wrong. I will fight for a full refund.

It has to be the law and an option of customers. A fix doesn't make me feel any better about the situation.

Same situation dealing with Modells. I have been a shopper with them for decades-NO MORE.

It's very clear on how they do business. Purchased an X1 at one of their Long Island locations and contacted them regading the recall. They responded with the "contact Swagway." Wonderful-I can have the battery replaced and no guarantee it wont burn my house down or receive a $200 credit. WOW what a deal.

So Modells who sold this product-pockets over $400 per unit and turns its head away from loyal customers unlike Amazon, Target and some other retailers. If they don't change this policy-it's going to financially hurt them as they most likely they sold thousands of these units.

I purchased Swagway X1 from Modell's and have had the same experience w/ regard to the return of the Swagway. They advised me to contact Swagway directly.

They don't want to accept any responsibility for selling a defective product. I bought the Swagway from Modell's and that's where I should be able to return it.

I also will never buy from Modell's again.

I agree, I will always buy from Amazon from now on. I bought a Swagway X1 from Modells.com and they told me to call Swagway directly. They don't care about customers.

Modells Sporting Goods Reviews