1315 Churchmans Rd, Newark, DE 19713, USA
2.7

I will never shop here again. Dec.

2016 while I was Christmas shopping I was being uncomfortably followed around through the small store by sales associates before being told by the GM (Mike T) that he was "going to call the police if I was stealing anything". He based this off of a customer who claimed to see me put "something" in my bag. I work in the same plaza as this store and I have been a customer for years. I was the only African American in the store and I felt targeted based of off no real evidence even though the store has cameras, just like my store, that can be checked and should have been checked before he threatened to call police.

I went back to the store to tell the GM that I didn't appreciate how he handled it and he was dismissive, defensive, and unapologetic. The distasteful experience is enough for me to never enter that store again.

From the stand point of someone who works in retail and studies business in college this GM was completely unprofessional. Consider this long-term customer lost.

Product or Service Mentioned: Modells Sporting Goods Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Modells Sporting Goods Cons: Bad customer service, Bad attitude from manager.

Comments